Approaching its midway milestone, the EXPOSED Centre is increasing its focus on turning knowledge into innovations.
Some of the main research achievements of the EXPOSED centre to this date are:
- Environmental descriptions of coastal sites, to improve precision and relevance of the basis for design and operations planning.
- Salmon and cleaner fish swimming capacity, which is important to assess new locations and new farming technology.
- Navigation/localization of ROV/AUVs, relative to nets and flexible structures enables more precise and autonomous operations.
- Machine vision‐based hole detection and integrity control used to improve inspection operations.
- Modelling of aquaculture systems, including vessel‐structure interaction, as a future tool to study the systems, inform design and monitor conditions.
- Methods to analyse and predict operational limits, supporting technology development in design decisions and operational planning. Working environment and competence requirements to improve procedures and inform design and technology development.